Friday, December 9, 2011

For you're a jolly good fellow

I wanted to be the first to wish you a happy birthday, so I waited up until midnight to post it on your Facebook account. There's just one leeetle problem.

You still haven't accepted my friend request. 

But I know you are my friend, and here's why:

You forgive me immediately and forget just as soon
You love my mother
You have given me encouragement and council at the most important moments of my life
You write me letters with funny poems and compassionate wisdom
You let me be your breakfast helper
You provided everything I needed and wanted
You pray for me
You seek my opinion and listen when I give it
You demonstrate the importance of loving everyone
You teach me to stand up for myself
You dance with me
You speak simple, powerful expressions of your faith in me
You live your beliefs
You sound the alarm
You laugh at my jokes (and at my mom's)
You are constant in righteousness
You are true to your core
You encourage my husband and cherish my children
You gently urge me to change
You sound happy to hear my voice when I call
You fill my heart with beautiful memories
You are careful where you step because you know I am following
You gave me life
and
You are my dad.

And I
feel profoundly blessed
to be yours.

Happy Birthday!

P.S. When you post party pictures on Facebook, I won't be able to see them since we're not friends....

3 comments:

  1. Funny, Perhaps he can't claim you because he still thinks your last name is Guymon. Perhaps his facebook habits coincide with his drinking habits -- lactose-free milk only. He gonna get a huge kick out of this post in about 6 months when you're finally friends.

    The funny thing is you could ask Jeff to log in for you and accept his request. OR, just wait until you come to town, use his computer, and do it for him.

    Every thing you said about Pops is absolutely true. What a beauty you are to express all those lovely characteristics that are so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo,
    I know for a fact that Dad only uses 2 passwords. FOR EVERYTHING... So if you want me to login onto his account and accept your friend request for him, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, but Ashley beat you to the punchline....

    ReplyDelete