Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Guys. I have some great news.

I haven't eaten ANY sugar. This. Whole. Year.

And I've exercised. Every. Single. Day.

Also, I've been patient. Loving. Faithful. Industrious. 

It's just the best year of my whole life. And it's going to get even better. Know how I know that?

Because while I'm typing this, there are only six minutes left until our homemade pizza rolls will be piping hot, fresh from the oven, ready to be consumed.

And there's a one-year-old who is kissing my shoulder with her puckered, blueberry yogurt-covered lips. Even the pizza rolls don't hold a candle to that.

And there's an unborn baby poking me, forcing me to pause and think about the sanctity and miracle of life. I know I can change my future. This year, I'm going to act like it.

And best of all, I've ushered in enough new years to know that I will most assuredly fail this year. But that doesn't matter; as long as I keep moving forward. Every day can be a new start. 

Here's to becoming my best self in the best year ever.

...So far. 

1 comment: