Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Have a Dream

One of my favorite books is The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery. It made me realize that I had to first have a dream if I ever wanted it to come true. I started wondering what I could add to my world to make it even more beautiful. (Is that even possible?)

Here are my top ten dreams: 

10. Building the perfect mudroom: Walls--floor to ceiling--of cubbies; coordinating and labeled bins; a spot for every shoe, glove, hat, and bag; a place to store all our helmets and boots (we have so many!); a big sink just for washing my dogs; a drain in the middle of the floor; and a door that shuts out the chaos  from the rest of the house.

9. Sleeping until I awaken naturally. I've forgotten what that feels like.

8. Being the kind of beautiful that needs no makeup, hot rollers, or wrinkle cream. 

7. My hair being restored to its former glory. It truly was my one beauty. (I guess it's time I buckle down on building my character, because it's quickly becoming all I have left.)

6. Having a long string of rainy days to curl up with some good classics and get lost in their pages.

5. Hiring a maid.

4. Getting the results I want from all this dieting and exercising.

3. Planting hundreds of tulips under my purple leaf plums. 

2. Being a whiz at math. (I'm sure I can't even begin to imagine what kind of doors this would open for me.) 

1. Clearly communicating the depth of my love for my husband and children. (I'm convinced this one will only come if I pray for it. So I do.) 

Whether shallow, selfish, useful, possible, or just plain fun, sometimes, it's just good to have a dream to escape to.

2 comments:

  1. I love this list! You are such a beautiful person...on the inside AND the OUTSIDE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful list. Funny that besides the tangibles, you are all the intangibles. You are beautiful in all your showered glory, 5-babies body later. I know you husband and children know you love them because you make dinner. You are a whiz at math....when was the last time you needed calculus to rock a crying baby. However, when was the last time you used multiplication to aid home schooling? Hm? That's what I thought.

    ReplyDelete