Monday, February 3, 2014

Some Encouragement

I had another baby. . .NINE months ago.

The fact that I'm back typing away at this machine may make you think that I must finally have it all figured out; that I'm back in the saddle again.

If you're thinking that, you're wrong.

I don't mean to give the wrong impression here. I adore this baby and all my other babies. I wanted them, hoped for them, prayed for them. Their lives are miracles--each one. They teach me how to be like God, and they lovingly, patiently, happily encourage me on my journey to be His.

It's a messy journey.

An exhausting journey.

The kind of journey that dreams are made of.

It's imperfect. I'm imperfect. That's okay. This is what six children looks like for me,  and that's good, because it's my journey to take and my journey for which I will give an accounting.


2 comments:

  1. Okay, I was so going to click on here, after I clicked on your non-updated family blog, and harass you about posting something this year. No need!! Hooray! Get it together Nelson!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always enjoyed the wisdom of your father (me too), and now I see you developing the same insights to true happiness and daily wealth in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete