Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ask

I pray for miracles every day.

"Please bless me to think of something delicious for dinner that my children will eat."
"Please help me to show that child how much I love her."
"Please bless me to just make it through this day."
"Please bless me to know who needs Thy love today."
"Please help me to feel true joy."
"Please lead me to that missing shoe."

Others might tell me it's all coincidental. But I pay them no mind. When I am rescued in so personal a way, I can call it nothing else but miraculous.

I try very hard to keep my eyes peeled so I don't miss God's rescuing hand and love in my life. He's there every day, and usually in ways that I don't expect.

This week I had the opportunity to pray for a miracle in my sister's behalf. We needed a big one, and our prayers were answered in the affirmative. I feel so humbled--and so grateful--to have been part of it.

I know from my own experience that trials--and miracles--are tailored for our learning and benefit.

And I know something else. 

God is a god of miracles. Nothing is impossible to Him. 

Perhaps the most miraculous of all is that the Ruler of the universe knows my name and my circumstance and will rescue me as soon as I ask for His help.

I hope I never forget that. And that's why I'm writing it down.

2 comments:

  1. We are so aware of the Lord's tender mercies for us. Thank you for uniting all of us with your thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always hope when we recognize the Lord's tender mercies. I am hoping that you won't feel too badly when I copy and paste this post in my journal.

    ReplyDelete