Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Insanity Check

Dear Shaun T,

It's me again. I thought I'd just check in with you since I'm at day 32.

For starters, I've lost a decent amount of weight and a noticeable amount of inches. My pants slide down too easily, which in this case is a very good thing. My son has been telling me I look "slim". But tonight my daughter told me I looked pregnant. So, we still have our work cut out for me in the next 28 days.

I really loved the recovery week last week. I could have done that for many weeks longer.

This week's Max Workout routines--do they have to be a whole twenty minutes longer? Because when you're being tortured, sixty minutes feels like sixty hours. Maybe even longer. I can't really calculate the exact length when I'm doing squat pushups and focusing on not collapsing onto my face. That's the only place I do not need reconstructive surgery.

Thanks for continuing, "Boo...Hah!"

The name, "Results and Recovery Formula" has fallen by the wayside. I like to call that stuff my, "Magic Orange Happy Sauce". I love it even more than I did on Day 1.

You lead a fantastic yoga/stretch. I would know.

I figured out at least one of the things that bugs me about Tania: she pretends like she's working so hard, but she's only doing the movement half way. I can't stand that. I mean, did you, or did you not, ask us to cover some ground on the Globe Jumps?

It's been a long time since my shoulders and biceps ached like this. Have they ever, even? I guess four thousand various pushups will do that to a gal.

It's also been a very long time since I was so proud of myself. At the end of my workout today, I actually cried, I was so happy. And just so proud. I know some of those tears were from relief to be done for another 24 hours, but most of them were pure joy. Thanks for helping me to rediscover that I am capable of insane things. It's funny how that carries over into the other aspects of my life--funny in a good way.

I also have you to thank for helping me to come up with what I want on my tombstone. My other plans have been replaced with, "RIP Natalie. She dug too deep."

Until tomorrow,

Peace out,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment